Congratulations to the participants of our new Science for Seminaries Seed Grant initiative!
September 3, 2021
AAAS DoSER is pleased to announce that we are launching a Seed Grant initiative as part of our Science for Seminaries project. The initiative offers one year of flexible funding to 12 seminaries accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). The goal is to increase their students’ capacity for engaging science and technology in theological education.
The goal of the seed grant is to help students and faculty members feel more comfortable when interacting with science and technology topics and issues. Project topics and implementation will vary based on the needs of students, faculty, and the wider seminary community. Science topics to be covered include neuroscience, biochemistry, racism and public health, epigenetics, health and well-being, and mathematics.
Schools participating in the 2021-2022 Seed Grant initiative include:
- Drew Theological School
- Fuller Theological Seminary
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- Holy Apostles College & Seminary
- John Leland Center for Theological Studies
- Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, Zygon Center
- Mount Angel Seminary
- NAIITS An Indigenous Learning Community
- Providence Theological Seminary
- Regis College
- Virginia Theological Seminary
- Wycliffe College