Theology and Emotions
This seminar uses movies, music, theater, liturgical theory, affective neuroscientific research and affective theological studies to retrieve the lost emotional foundation of liberal faith. Students use insights gained from this multidisciplinary work to create an in-class presentation of a new liturgical strategy that can uplift the heart of liberal faith in Christian services.
- Ecclesial Families: Mainline Protestant
- Core Curriculum Course Categories: General Theology
- Seminaries: Andover Newton Theological School
- Science Topics: Neuroscience, Brain, & Mind
- Syllabus: Theology and Emotions
theology, pastoral theology, psychology